Three-dimensional (3D) digital radiography has become increasingly popular in the field of dentistry due to its ability to capture detailed and accurate images of the teeth and surrounding structures. With this technology, our dentists may use a cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) scanner to capture multiple X-ray images from different angles. The images are then reconstructed into a 3D image using computer software, which can be viewed and analyzed by our team.
By utilizing 3D digital radiography, we can:
- Diagnose dental problems: Mohinder Garg and Dr. Meriam Macauley can see inside the tooth and surrounding bone, making it easier to diagnose dental problems such as cavities, infections and fractures.
- Plan treatment more efficiently: With 3D digital radiography, we can create a detailed treatment plan for complex dental procedures such as dental implants, orthodontics and root canals.
- Monitor progress overtime: Our office can use this technology to monitor the progress of dental treatments over time, ensuring that they are on track and making any necessary adjustments.
There are many benefits of this advanced technology, including:
- Improved accuracy: 3D digital radiography provides high-quality images that are more accurate than traditional two-dimensional (2D) radiography, allowing us to diagnose and treat dental problem more easily.
- Reduced radiation exposure: 3D digital radiography uses less radiation than traditional 2D radiography, reducing the risk of radiation exposure for patients.
- Timesaving: This tool allows us to capture detailed images in a single scan, reducing the need for multiple scans and appointments.
For more information about 3D digital radiography in South Plainfield and Piscataway, New Jersey, and to schedule an appointment with us here at MG Dental Associates, please contact our office.