Our dentists may use a NightLase® laser to treat snoring and sleep apnea here at MG Dental Associates. This noninvasive procedure uses laser energy to tighten the tissues in the throat and reduce the vibrations that cause snoring. Other benefits of a NightLase laser include:
- Noninvasive: NightLase is a noninvasive alternative to surgical procedures for sleep apnea and snoring. The laser is applied externally, so there is no need for incisions or anesthesia.
- Effective: Studies have shown that this laser can significantly reduce snoring and improve symptoms of sleep apnea. Patients often report improved sleep quality and a reduction in daytime fatigue.
- Quick and painless: Treatments performed with this laser typically take less than an hour and are painless. This means you can return to your normal activities immediately after the procedure.
- Long-lasting: NightLase results can last up to a year or more, and you may need only one or two treatments to achieve optimal results.
- Safe: NightLase is a safe and effective treatment for snoring and sleep apnea. It is approved by the FDA and has been used in Europe for over a decade.
During your treatment, our dentists will apply this laser externally to the soft palate and uvula, which causes the collagen fibers in the tissue to contract and tighten. This tightening reduces the vibrations that cause snoring and can help keep the airway open during sleep, reducing the risk of apnea episodes. Following your treatment, we will provide you a list of post-care instructions to ensure you have a healthy recovery.
If you have any questions about the NightLase laser for sleep apnea treatment in South Plainfield and Piscataway, New Jersey, and would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Mohinder Garg or Dr. Meriam Macauley, please contact our office.